In order to achieve the advantages of using this recruitment application, it is important that the application is configured in line with the rules and standards that apply to the organisation that is making use of it.
Where to find the Application settings
A. Go to the tab "Connexys Resource Manager Setup" that can be found under the plus (+) on the bar at the top of the screen.
C. On the left side, two sections are given:
- Basic settings: This section is standard selected when this screen is opened and shows the most important settings for this application. Several sections and settings are hidden.
- All settings: When this section is selected, all settings (as shown in the list at the start of this article) will be shown.
Note: sections provided in basic settings, like "Application form" and "General" can include extra settings after "All settings" is selected in comparison to the settings shown when "Basic settings" is selected.
D. By clicking one of the sections in the list at the start of this article, the article will automatically scroll to that specific section in this article.
The application settings consist of a list of terms, each having their own related settings. The list given in the applications settings menu contains the following groups of settings:
- Application form
- Candidate wizard
- Email message
- Generate CV in PDF format
- Job wizard
- Publish on job board
- Recruitment agency enabling
- Update request
There are a few settings that do not belong to a specific section. Therefore, these are shown in the section "General". Among the settings in this section, there are settings on Salesforce and campus events. The screenshot below shows which fields belong to the section "General".
The fields that need to be filled are:
- Enable Chatter: Chatter is a Salesforce functionality that is used for communication between users of the organisation. When Chatter is used, pages will have a feed at the top of them, giving users the possibility to post comments and react to them. Chatter can also be enabled on the "Candidates"-tab and "Jobs"-tab, by checking the checkbox of this setting. This allows users to write notifications or start internal communication concerning a specific job or candidate. Note: Chatter should also be enabled in your Salesforce-Org in order to make this option possible. Enabling Chatter can be done by going to "Setup" --> "Build" --> "Customize" --> "Chatter".
- URL of campus event on company website: When a campus event is opened, the file provides an option to open that specific campus event on the website of the organisation ("View event on own site"). Since every organisation that uses this application, has a different website, the application makes use of a formula field that determines the first part of the URL. In this way, the link shows the campus event on the company website, instead of in a random page. In this field, the "API Name" of the formula field has to be entered, in order to have the link to the website working correctly. This formula field can be found by going to the "Campus event"-object in "Setup" --> "Build" --> "Create" --> "Objects".
- Salesforce domain name: The Connexys-application runs on the Salesforce-platform. On this platform every Salesforce page is placed within a sub domain of the Force.com domain. Among these pages is for example the application form for your organisation. The application form can be opened by clicking "View application form" in a job file. In order to reach the correct application form after clicking the link, the Connexys-application must know in which domain the application form page is placed. Therefore, this domain name must be filled in this field. The correct value can be found by going to "Setup" --> "Build" --> "Develop" --> "Sites" and then copy the value given in the column "Site URL".
Here you can find several settings of TextKernel, but also setting for the CV drop zone on the sidebar of the Job page.
- The language in which the Hard Criteria are entered: Multiple language options in which Hard Criteria can be entered
- Candidates from CV-dropzone gets user language: Check if the New Candidate created by the CV dropzone needs to get the same language as the User
- Textkernel Candidate Search enabled: Check if Search! has been purchased
- Textkernel CV parsing enabled: Check if the CV parsing functionality has been purchased
- Disable drop zone: Click to disable the drop zone in the sidebar of the Job and Candidate page
- Textkernel Job Search enabled: Check if TextKernel Job Search has been purchased
- Textkernel Match! enabled: Check if the Match! functionality has been purchased
- Prepend prefix to last name: Check if the last name prefix need to be linked to the last name
- Textkernel time-out on application form: Number of seconds within a CV on the apply form must be parsed, after that the form won't be prefilled
Click here to go to another article about TextKernel settings.